Monday, January 29, 2007

hoodoo woods


Some nearly-finished layouts from the upcoming film.

I've spent some time reworking the art direction and going way back to the simplistic, funky design that I love, through the help of some inspiration from Amid's wonderful Cartoon Modern and more specifically, the work of one Walt Peregoy.

To aid in the process of making this film (which is, to those who haven't done it, a lot of work!), I've spent some time planning and have developed a library of my designs that is constantly growing. I use these libraries of trees and plants and whatnot to go through a "digital cut and paste" process of building my layouts from scratch, mixing in elements of my forest and traditional digital painting as well along the way.

I'd show you the process more specifically if I actually had one, but I usually just confuse the hell out of myself while I'm doing it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you have nice pieces, i like your style. Cheers

1/30/2007 3:48 a.m.  
Blogger kelly erwin said...

I love it, your description on doing yer style is... pulitzer prize worthy haha.
Anyways, it looks rock'n awesome brando!! I'm look'n forward to your film moving hehe.

2/01/2007 6:06 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

beautiful design!

2/02/2007 3:21 p.m.  
Blogger Jarrett said...

Yeah looks really sharp, Brandon. You're an innovator!

2/03/2007 10:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are just Beautiful and perfect.

2/05/2007 3:17 a.m.  
Blogger Casey said...

I love your style and color sense. Very nice to look at.

2/05/2007 6:41 p.m.  
Blogger Ian Worrel said...

Dude I like the approach your taking here. It greatly corresponds to the mood and pace of your film. Also...your new profile pic is incredible. Tell me how I too can look like a super hero.

2/05/2007 10:15 p.m.  
Blogger Brandon James Scott said...

thanks guys


Ian:
a shot of scotch for breakfast each day and 37 hours per week dedicated to smashing things should do it

hows the film going man?

2/10/2007 5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Ian Worrel said...

The film is rolling. I Have a lot of things to iron out for the execution of this beast. I don't think it will be ready until next year.

2/11/2007 3:24 p.m.  
Blogger sourgrapes said...

Beautiful drawings. I love the colours you've chosen and you've created depth very nicely even though your style is keeping everything very flat.

2/11/2007 7:57 p.m.  
Blogger ahmed said...

نحن نعمل طول الوقت لتقديم خدمات بعنايه ودقة هائل حيث تقدم أفضل خدمات غسيل خزانات المياه والتطهير وأيضاً التعقيم لكافة انواع الخزانات لهذا فهي مؤسسة مصنفة كأفضل مؤسسة تطهير خزانات بتبوك سواء الارضي أو العلوي

حيث نعمل فى مؤسسة تطهير خزانات بتبوك على نحو يكفل للزبون تطهير وتعقيم خزان المياه سواء كان خزان فيلا – خزان عمارة سكنية – خزان مؤسسة لاغير تواصلوا معنا وسوف نايتك مباشرة .
افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركة مكافحة فئران بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض

1/10/2019 2:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home